This page features information about a small number of organisations that provide disability advice and support. However, other organisations exist and it is recommended that people carry out their own investigations into what help is available to them.
General advice and support
- Citizens Advice
- Contact A Family
- Disability Rights UK
- Disabled Living Foundation
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Independent Living Institute
- Leonard Cheshire
- Living Made Easy for Adults
- Living Made Easy for Children
- National Children’s Bureau
- The Muscle Help Foundation
The organisations listed below provide grants for equipment and scholarships.
The following organisations may be able to provide support around physical limitations.
- Breathe On UK
- Ceiling hoist users club
- Muscular Dystrophy UK (similar organisations can be found in other countries)
Bereavement and palliative care
Should you need bereavement support the organisations below can help.